- Monday, October 7th: We kick off the week with a blog post from our friends at Uzazi Village! We are celebrating IBW by hosting a carrier drive for this wonderful organization! Carriers are being collected through 10/9 and will be put to really good use by this fantastic community resource. We are so very excited for the chance to help them out, so donate donate donate! Check them out online at http://uzazivillage.com/ .
- Tuesday, October 8th: Babywearing Parent’s Night Out!! Get ready for a special “night out” for die hard carrier collectors! (and those who like to hang out with die hard carrier collectors 😉 ). Call your babysitter and join us for wrap and carrier chatter, wine and good friends! Bring your stash, or don’t, it’s up to you! This event is informal and meant to be a fun night out for the members of our community to relax and get to know each other without having to worry about what their babies are getting into! Event Details. Also, our Shop Till You Drop fundraiser hosted by Itsy Bitsy Bums begins to day! Shop shop shop (in store only) and support our chapter! 10% of the proceeds from your purchase goes to support us! Be sure to mention you want your purchase to support BWI of KC! Fundraiser ends Saturday, October 12th.
- Wednesday, October 9th: Workout Wednesday! Watch our pages and groups all day long for tips for staying fit while wearing your babies! Get active with a nature walk, some simple Yoga poses, or simply ditch your car for a trip to the grocery store. Today is all about staying fit with the kids in tow. Our Uzazi Village carrier drive comes to a close today as well, so don’t forget to DONATE!
- Thursday, October 10th: DIY Workshop! Our resident DIY guru Rachel George will be sharing some fabulous DIY babywearing tips that you can try!
- Saturday, October 12th: Join us at JC Nichols Memorial Fountain for a fun Babywearing photoshoot! Local photographer Brenda Pryor has donated her time and talents to take babywearing pictures from 10:00-12:00. Get your picture by the fountain featuring your babywearing style. Prints and small photo packages will be available to purchase. All proceeds support BWI of KC! After you get snapped, take a beautiful stroll around the Plaza! Lets fill up the whole area with wonderful examples of Babywearing! Come out to represent our chapter even if you don’t want a picture, the more the merrier! We will be taking a group shot at noon to feature on our page! Event Details.
International Babywearing Week is all about spreading the word. Share our posts and pages on your feed, talk to your friends about the benefits of babywearing, and take a moment to reflect on how babywearing has transformed the way you parent and connect with your kids!